Wednesday 21 October 2009

The time has now come for all mini projects, our last week long animation is supposed to demonstrate anticipation, another one of the sacred principles of animation.
We had to show a character jumping and concentrate on the extreme poses, it's pretty much the bouncing ball task with arms and legs. I got ridiculously excited about this project though once they showed us some clips from Tom & Jerry and realized how awesome all the actions are and how every frame is freakin' hilarious.
Heres my first slice of pie which is mainly the key frames with a few imbetweeners.
I quite liked the poses I had lined up so far but i thought i could push them a bit further, the first pull back and the crouch before he jumps could of been more expressive.
This one has the same keyframes but the movement up until he jumps is all finished, for now.
I like what I've got so far, the little step before the jump was so hard though, not looking forward to walk cycles. From now on i shall only draw cars or slugs. Need to work on the timing when he pulls back but me thinks its lookin' good.

No comments:

Post a Comment