Tuesday 25 January 2011

Call the secretary of education, coz you just got schooled

For some reason I've become slightly obsessed with wanting to make the next great school based cartoon comedy, I know the age range stops at 14 but i think if it's smart enough I can make it funny for all of the ages. I'd like to get some pretty contemporary humour in there if i can whilst also making it visually funny.


I think we can all agree Superbad is freakin hilarious and i'd love to make something with a similar tone, would be a pretty big challenge considering it's about 85% dick jokes though. I do remember liking American pie at a very young age so appealing to that audience shouldn't be a problem I'l just have to concentrate on the characters relationships instead of boobs (although Disney didn't have a problem with Jessica Rabbit).

Also while waiting in line for some tasty KFC the other day me and my friends noticed the cutest little Chinese girl in the entire world and Mr Chris Moore unforgettably uttered "wouldn't it be cool to adopt her then raise her to be an assassin", why yes, yes it would Mr Moore. I didn't think about it again until a few days ago but when i did i couldn't help think what an amazing cartoon that would make.


Now im pretty sure some of the scenes in Kick-ass are not appropriate for the young ones but maybe a similar character that accepts hitman style contacts out on bullies from the other kids but instead of brutally murdering them she just takes em' down a peg with some comedy violence or some humiliating traps. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment