Tuesday 25 January 2011

Gettin my character design on

Was having trouble coming up with an idea that was realy grabbing me, we did some foundation style Illustration vomit to see if we could find any good design chunks in there but it didn't turn out too successful.

I liked a few of the faces but because of the speed we were drawing them it was clearly stuff i'd drawn before only much worse. When I got home i tried to think of some random characters that would appeal to children (and me) without having any story in mind, this realy isn't the right way to do it at all but I guess im just a maverick.


I like the Robot guy and the blatent Ratatouille rip off but can't think of any great back story for them, especialy not one that would get the kiddies pumped. Might try and use them as side characters but gotta come up with something more along the lines of the research i've done, think about school, best cartoons are set in school. Come on man!


No comments:

Post a Comment