Monday 24 May 2010

Even Tyra Banks Would Dig This Modeling..... Ha!

So i'd decided to do the space theme whilst in Rosy's class, I of course did this without thinking of what an absolute pain in the arse it would be.
"I wonder why everyone else is doing stuff in a sealed room??"
Anyway what's done is done, i started looking for stuff related to space travel/exploration an maybe threw in a cheeky bit of sci-fi as well.
This is some of the research that i did and the first stage of the models.


The obvious feature of both and of most of the ones i looked at is the blue wings, or solar panels if you wanna get fancy. This is my attempt.


This was my first bash, added some more detail later but we'll get to that. I'd decided to use it as a see-saw so i took some artistic license with the main body, also the front doesn't look so much like a boob when it's coloured in.



Decided to go for the industrial type dish, these guys are pretty well recognisable so it would be hard for me to mess it up, let's watch.


Like i said, pretty standard stuff, once again added a bit more spice later on but you get the idea.

Now i know this fella is a prototype but im not exactly going for realism here. Wanted it to be like summat out of The Jetsons.


See what i mean, pretty sure they don't have antenna like that anymore but we've got four weeks, what dya want from me.



I knew as soon as I had the idea for this theme that i wanted a Mars rover involved, even though my animation happens to be set on the moon so i assume he took a wrong turn somewhere. From looking at research i could see that the main factors were the box like shape, the wheels and in some cases the head and neck like structure at the front. Kinda like a cross between Wall-E and a camel.


Question, what's round and a total bitch to try and make six of that turn separately to the chassis? Yeah i think you've got it. Have added an antenna and some detail at the front since but i was pretty proud of this little dude.
This was definitely the easy part and it nearly killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment