Wednesday 26 May 2010

Yeah.... It's Hard To Test Stuff In Space

Thought I'd better check out some test videos from the Mars Rover so I wasn't animating blind quite so much.


The main thing i noticed, other than the fact it's looks almost exactly the same as mine (thank you) is how fast it can zip around. I thought these guys were supposed to trundle at a few miles an hour. I think on smooth ground he'd do just fine.
Well heres summat seemingly pointless, I tried to re-create the see-saw effect pretty crudely but i'm afraid i didn't happen to have a scaled down satellite and helmet.


Not much to get from that but it did show me just how fast it would get launched in the air. Obviously though I'd made it harder on myself by choosing a location that doesn't really care much for gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment