Thursday 27 May 2010

Thought I'd show ya how the landscape and layout changed throughout the process, testament I think to just how much I was making this up on the spot. This was my first shot at the moon's surface


As you can clearly see this was shite, not only is it boring but you would pretty easily be able to tell it's just a flat plain with a few bumps. Went back to it and tried to make it any kind of good.

This was definitely an improvement, the craters in the middle make all the difference when contrasted with the mountains up the side. After that i added in the elements i had so far, baring in mind this was "pre-teleporters"


So I'd already identified that i needed more to happen in the sequence but also knew the background could do with a bit more jazz, I knew I didn't want to apply a texture to the ground as it would take away from the cartoony look. I made some random space junk to scatter about the place heres the design then a shot of the scene with them in that also contains the teleporters.


So as the landscape gets a bit more littered it instantly looks more interesting, i also slightly changed the angels of the satellite and the dish so it wasn't just a straight line.
After i was happy with that I created a texture for the space backdrop and for the Earth on photoshop and applied them to a couple of spheres in the background. Heres what the finished scene looks like. (I also added a couple of extra pebbles)

Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment