Saturday 12 November 2011

Who Knew You Could Find Naked Women On The Internet?

I was getting pretty frustrated at myself recently for simply sucking at drawing females, drawing from reference is good but because I'm spending so long on one pose I'm not getting much practice. Time to bring in the life drawing. Obviously I can't afford a model myself and perhaps more seriously I cant afford life drawing classes either, also they are an enormous pain in the arse. So I used a website that I've used before to get reference pictures, it's basically just slides of people in different poses. You can program it to swap to a new one every minute so thats what I did.
I started off pretty shaky but got into it after a while, it's a pretty good confidence booster if you stick with it. Heres a few of the pages I did, you can definitely see a change.

And yes I know I've spelt practice incorrectly, I'm an animation student, what do ya want from me?


As you can see especially on the bottom right, a fairly poor grip on the female anatomy and not very confident strokes either.


By the end I think I had some pretty good strokes coming in and they all seem to flow a lot better than the previous ones. I think I need to use more construction lines to make sure the weighting and the proportions are right though. I think this has made a big difference to how I'll approach designing poses and I'm slightly more confident. I should probably keep coming back to do some more every few days though.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment